3/02/2008

Appointed!

Well...it happened. On Tuesday, I received the phone call I have been waiting for. My District Superintendent called. When I returned the call, he gave me the number to my new DS because the Bishop had appointed me to a church in his district. Just a couple of days later, Melissa, Maggie, and myself were headed for Indiana to meet with the SPRC (Staff Parish Relations Committee). After meeting with them...it was official. Starting in July, I will be the Senior Pastor of Mt. Etna United Methodist Church in Indiana.

It feels good knowing where we are going...and...at the same time...it is terrifying. After years of waiting, I have met some of the over one hundred people that I will be ministering too. The task is so daunting, yet so exciting. Thankfully, just as God has gotten us through this journey, he will lead us through the new season in our lives that begins in just a few short months.

Below is a picture taken from Google Maps (I looked up Mt Etna, Indiana). The picture shows the church property just west of "town" (I use "town" loosely because there are more people in the church than there are in the town). They built the church in 2005, and from the looks of the picture, it too was created in 2005. Picture a pond between the church and highway 9...and some grass...and you have the church. From all of the Johnsons (even Maggie)...God is good.

No comments:

Lou Piniella's Daily Affirmations