1/02/2007

Pizza King

Well, Christmas is over and another journey to north Indiana is under our belt. We had a good time. One of the best parts of going to my parents is the pizza. Living in Wilmore, we are faced with sub-par pizza selections. That's right! I said sub-par. The local pizza, that is often raved over, which comes from a drug store...is...how do I say it...not good. Maybe it is raved over because it is local. Or maybe it is because it is from a drug store. I don't know. All I know is that the Pizza King in Hartford City, Indiana blows the local pizza joints out of the water.

Here is a photo of this delectable pizza...or "pie" as some may say...



Is it the best in the world?...probably not. Best in the state of Indiana?...probably not. But...it is the best I have ever had. But...I guess you will have to go to Indiana to see for yourself because my telling you that it is the best will not do the trick because I have been told a number of times that the local pizza is the best or another pizza joint is the best...only to be disappointed in the end.

How does this relate to our faith? I am not sure. Maybe there is no substitute for the best thing...i.e. Jesus. Or, maybe proof is needed in order to believe something to be true. That one would be supported by the closing verses of the 20th chapter of John. However, in the end, I think the point of this story is that the local pizza is really not as good as some think it is.

Maybe this is one of those rare posts where I simply take a shot at something and have no real point to be made...only to post a picture of the pizza we ate.

3 comments:

Ben said...

Don't worry, I'm not a fan of the local pizza either. But then again I don't really like pizza all too much.

I tolerate pizza because it usually (at least where I'm from) is coupled by chicken wings.

'Sure let's order pizza and wings!' I say back home... but really, I just want the chicken wings who cares about the pizza!!

chad said...

i find it scary to get food in the same place as antacid.

Unknown said...

Pizza is good, and I tell ya, that pizza looks REAL good! Much better than Sims "pies" and that new joint we have here...Hobarts? I prefer to eat Red Barron that either! Glad to have stumbled on your blog.

Lou Piniella's Daily Affirmations